Instructions On How To Use Steppers
Steppers Usage Instructions
This is utterly a wrong notion that if you spend a lot of money, then only better services can be achieved. Likely, the best fitness equipments are not only the ones in which you have to invest a lot of money, take for example, steppers! If you plan your budget wisely and research on the fitness equipments you can set up an excellent home gym and there will be no necessity to join any fitness center. Yes, with Altius Compare, now you can make your dream of setting up a home gym and that too, within you budget! Get enviable deals in all fitness equipments of leading brands and latest models. If you want to buy just steppers for now, well, you can do that too. Compare the prices of all the newest and advanced models of steppers that catch your fancy and get the best deal for the one you like best!
Of the various equipments, you are going to find in a fitness center, steppers are one of the most important fitness trainers. Steppers work on the principle of climbing against resistance and produce the effect of a solid fat-burning cardio workout. This is a machine which gives more value than its cost as along with the extensive cardio-workout, the thighs and gluteus are also toned.
There are lots of models available in mini steppers which are portable and can be stored in closet when not in use. However, there are bigger models also made up of heavy duty steel to offer durability and stability against time and use.
Instructions on Using Steppers
- While using steppers for training, the knees should be kept loose (more so in the case of mini steppers). Otherwise, you will end up suffering from a lot of impact on your knees.
- Let your hands hang loosely at sides and swing. Then move your whole body as if you are jogging. The back should be kept completely upright; the hands can be used for balance holding the machine if you do not want them to hang freely.
- Also while exercising, take care that you are not leaning forward and maintaining a straight and correct posture.
- Supporting the body weight with their arms is a grave mistake made by most people while using steppers. This makes one to lean forward and the combined effect acts adversely on the lower back and can cause you intense pain on the following day.
- If you are a beginner on the stepper, start at first with just ten minute intervals. However, when you feel comfortable at this pace and rhythm, work up until a good pace of thirty minutes.
- Never push yourself harder than you can in the initial days as it may cause only harm and not any benefit.
- You should start with flat steps but concentrate on using the back of your legs as you continue to train yourself further. Using the front of the legs only can give you pain and sore feeling in the muscles of the thigh.
- Beginners can start their workout session on steppers with medium size steps. As your fitness level increases, you should also gradually increase the size of your steps.
- Steppers give you a low-impact yet intense cardio-vascular exercise. So, do not forget to warm-up and stretch prior to using steppers.
- Advanced machines nowadays come with computer displays and a wide array of pre-set programs which you can select according to your preference. If you have just started exercising, 6 - 12 minutes on an easy level is right for you. After a few days, go for 10 minutes + at a harder level.
- After you are done with the session, do not resume the daily chores right away. Spend a few minutes doing stretching exercises especially for your calf muscles and quadriceps (thighs).
Some More Tips to Follow While Using Steppers
- While you are on for a longer session on the steppers, have a water bottle near you. Drink little sips at regular intervals so that your system does not get dried out in exhaustion.
- Remember, exercising on steppers is more fun than any other fitness equipments. Follow the correct posture and instructions given by your fitness expert, listen to your body and you are on for an impressive cardio exercise program.
- Along with the exercise, you should also not compromise with your diet. A healthy and regular diet is very important for a healthy and toned body. Do not ever have this misconception that if you do dieting and survive on a meager meal while exercising a lot on the steppers, you are going to be fit and slim.
- Look into the mirror before you when you are exercising and tell yourself that you are looking good and fit. Keeping yourself motivated and feeling good about yourself is one of the key strategies of remaining healthy and happy. The boosted metabolism and increased heart rate while you exercise on the steppers reflect that you are having a faster blood circulation and your calories are burning out!
Keep yourself always in shape with a correct fitness schedule and diet. Get going with Altius Compare now to find out the steppers that suit your need, preference and pockets and keep looking and feeling great. Exercise daily to make your bones strong, shed those extra pounds and to keep health problems like high blood pressure, heart attack, cholesterol, and diabetes at bay!
Updated on : 22 June 2011 8:26 AM