Getting The Right Bicycle Accessories
Cycling is the perfect way to stay in shape and have lots of fun at the same time riding all the way! And remember, your obsession should not stop at finding the perfect cycle for yourself. Finding the right accessories to go with your bike is important as well!
Cycling Protective Gears
The right accessories and the protective gears are an essential part of your cycling as they keep you safe and comfortable while cycling. The protective accessories, helmets, knee and elbow pads, helmets, and other essential kits like bag packs, and water bottles are some of the must-haves for a rider.
Another important thing that is no less important is your cycling clothing. Though this is an important aspect that is often overlooked, you should understand that your clothes should be comfortable and specially designed for cycling, for example, cycling jackets which come with unique features like zip-off sleeves and removable inserts.
As for the fabrics, it is always advisable to go for windproof and/or waterproof ones. Do not compromise on the comfort factor and see to that the clothes are breathable and lightweight. The clothes for cycling should be pliable and completely comfortable if you want to fully enjoy your cycling.
Go for cycling jerseys, jackets and cycling shorts which are specially designed for the purpose and fit you well. Remember, in cycling, shoes play a very important role and you should be careful in choosing your shoes that have a comfortable fit and offer a good performance.
Riding bikes is becoming more and more popular in different countries across the globe. In lots of countries, key cities have their well-marked bike-lanes to encourage more and more bikers to get on the street. A commendable move as it is, cycling is a mode of transportation with zero percent pollution and smoke. At the same time, in today’s world when it is almost impossible to squeeze in time for some real physical activity, cycling is an effective physical exercise. Go for a bike that has some sort of space to hold your water container or energy drink bottles and you’ll never have to complain about exhaustion too!
Now, let us get back to the main point of discussion -- cycling accessories. Well, if you are going to hit the roads with your cycle, it is all the more important to have proper cycle accessories. Buying them should not be a problem as long as you have Altius Compare to guide you through the whole buying process and help you in getting the best deals.
Cycling Best Deals
- The first and foremost thing that you cannot do without in cycling is a helmet. Cycling without a helmet is really dangerous as there are chances of you falling down from the cycle and sustaining fatal injuries in the head. As you will be riding along with cars in the street, the chance of you getting knocked by a car cannot be ruled out completely. The hit may not be that bad, but the fall may be.
- When choosing your helmet, be specific about the cycling/biking you will be doing as the types for helmet for each specific purpose will be considerably different in mountain, road, or sport biking. Getting the right size is also as important as getting the right type and style for a very big or very small helmet for your head is not going to protect it at all.
- Another useful cycling accessory for you may be gloves to pad your palms while you grip your handlebars. This is really helpful after few hours of cycling as your hands will start perspiring and feel uncomfortable.
- It is beneficial to have a patch kit and a multi-tool handy. This is significant especially when you are miles away from home and your tyre goes flat! Portable bicycle pumps which fit into the frame of the bicycle without being apparently visible are available there nowadays. Coping with flat tyres won’t be much problem once you get one!
- Among other bike accessories are some type of storage to place on your bike.
- Among safety gadgets, bike lockers are something you cannot do without. Buy one readily with your bike if you do not want to lose your bike.
- Flash lights and reflectors are needed while riding in low lighting conditions. If you have to ride in night, invest into some good quality lights to save yourself and others from unfortunate accidents.
- If you are a fitness freak, a cyclometer can help you a lot in detecting your distance covered, speed, pulse reader and temperature too.
- Driving somewhere in long distances and want to do some cycling there? Then you must get a bike carrier that will hold your bike firm on the top of your car.
- The last but not the least, you need to have spare tyres. If you are observing any downgrade in your bike functions, then this is high time that you should think of investing in some really high quality spare tires.
Updated on : 07 July 2011 8:18 AM