Get the Perfect Shot with Digital Cameras
Shop for a digital camera and start your photography. You just don’t have to be a photographer to take most creative shots and make your own spectacular gallery. Several cameras are available at the stores with new features and you can just start by buying a digital camera which can be exciting as well as confusing sometimes!
Here we will help you to understand a digital camera functioning and some tips which could be used to take the perfect shots.
Types of Digital Cameras
Cameras differ in their size and weight. Some digital cameras are really small such that they can be kept in your pockets while others are so large that they have to be carried in a handbag. Some cameras seem easy to operate while some seem a bit difficult. Cameras that come under basic category are simple point-and-shoot cameras which have features required for routine shots. These are for people who are just fond of keeping their memories along with them and have no actual photography interest. Cameras that are difficult to understand are advanced cameras which consist of features including sophisticated point-and-shoot. Advance camera models help you change the lenses and involve intense photography knowledge.
Decide and Buy Your Digital Camera
Check the product details and characteristic features of the digital camera which you like and which does not pinch your pocket. Go for the number of megapixels you require and fix the specific model you are attracted to.
Now before starting the photography, get to know about your digital camera.
Know About Your Digital Camera
To make your own gallery and start your photography it is extremely essential to know the features and specifications of your camera. The first step is to know how a digital camera works. A previously available film camera used to work by collecting the light from a focused image which reacted with some chemicals. These chemicals were stimulated by light and the image was captured. The camera is called as digital nowadays since it features image sensors which respond to light and electrical signals are knocked out.
The digital camera accepts the data from the image sensor and processes & saves it as an aggregation of pixels in a digital file. Digital files are saved on a memory card which is present inside the camera. Perhaps the real process has more complexity; however this is how a digital photo image is created. A digital photo fundamentally constitutes thousands and thousands of miniature dots called pixels.
Digital photography is an art and you will learn it as you start using the camera, but there are some photography tricks that could help you take substantially better photos with your digital camera. Have a look at these before you start clicking.
Tips for Your Perfect Shot
- Learn to Steady Your Shot - Perhaps, when you hold your camera, you may feel anxious to click a photo. But wait first, steady your focus and see that your hands are not shaking. If you have a tripod you can use it to load the camera on it and stabilize it. If you don’t have a tripod you can hold your arms near to your body. To stop your body movements, you exhale and hold on your breath for a second while you take a photo. This will surely help you to keep your camera in a steady position.
- Proper Balance of the Objects -Digital camera can give you excellent photos if you balance your objects in the frame. If the objects in the frame are not balanced then your shots will appear out of the frame. If the photo shoot involves faces of people or facial expression then make it a point that faces are in the middle of the frame. Focus on the subject of your photograph and assure yourself not to increase the headroom in the photo. If you are taking shots of landscapes then the horizon must come till the middle of the digital camera’s viewfinder. Higher proportions of sky in the photo will imbalance your photos.
- Do You Wish to Take Exclusive Portrait Pictures? Set your camera for close-up in the settings. The digital camera comes with the facility of automatically adjusting the images for close-up photos. The focus of the camera is automatically changed giving you a clear distinct close-up picture.
- Use of Flash - Flash can be softened to decrease the glare. The flash is often harsh if used barely and reflects the skin which further effects to give faces a shiny touch or sometimes faces appear to be washed-out. This problem of bare flash can be overcome by reducing the glare and using matte filter instead of flash.
- Light is the Major Factor That Affects Your Photos - The intensity of light on the images to be photographed mainly determines the quality of your photo. Hence you have to be conscious of the light before clicking photos. Though some digital cameras are facilitated to adjust the levels of the digital photos but they can do it till a limit only. This adjustment can result in unnatural photos. As you go on clicking the photos, the experience while handling the digital camera will make you learn the use of filters to make your photos more clear and look real.
- Digital Cameras Come With ISO Settings - ISO settings are intended to control the sensitivity of the sensors that are present in the camera. If you are taking photo in low light, the higher ISO setting will give you added advantage to capture your particular images. But the higher ISO setting can increase the graininess to your digital photos.
Updated on : 14 June 2011 12:58 PM